Friday, May 17, 2013

I vote for Chacha Mushtaq Cholaywala!!!



xxxxxxxxx

Today, this 70-year-old resident of Qaaim Waala Colony, whose real name is Mushtaq Ahmed Khan, is contesting a provincial assembly seat (PP-254). For all these decades, he has wandered the streets of Muzaffargarh, selling his cholas. He took up the profession after failing to land a job, despite being a graduate.

Mushtaq adds. “Everyone knows the reality. Sixty years of capitalistic parliamentary history makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.”

According to Mushtaq, the political process is flawed, because there is simply no equality and no distribution of resources amongst political candidates.

“I go for political campaigns in this hot weather on my bicycle, while my rivals sit comfortably in land cruisers. I cannot even dream of owning such a vehicle in my life,” he remarks.

And yet, even considering all odds, his optimism and hope are inspiring.

“I will never lose hope,” he states calmly. “I have faith in Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s Pakistan, where one can live and contest freely. The middle and lower classes have a chance; they just need unity and hope.”

xxxxxxx

You can read the entire article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment